Subject: RE: answers and questions, KA692
To: Carlini, Antonio <Antonio.Carlini@riverstonenet.com>
From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 04/02/2001 13:16:22
Antonio and Dave,

Thanks for the info!

At 12:53 PM 4/2/2001 -0700, Carlini, Antonio wrote:
> > Now I'm wondering how those things used to connect "out" to the
> > real world.
>
>Cables would be my guess :-)

This I guessed :-) I was thinking about the CPU box "door" doesn't have any
additional DSSI connectors on it so I was wondering if there was a special
front door for system with this option installed (I took out the CPU card
and noted that it was indeed an option so presumably I could remove it
without harming anything) There is also a connector and stand-offs for
another option card closer to the "front" or "top" (farthest away from the
backplane connector) that is not populated. What can go there?

>         I can probably either find an IPB or go look on one
>         we still have kicking around (assuming it has the
>         extra SHACs installed).

It would be interesting. Dave, you also said you had one on your 700A, is
it hooked up? and if so where do the cables that come from that daughter
card run? Do they go up into the chassis, out to a different front door, what?

>         I don't have a console wired up handy to test but:
>                 E/L/P 20040004
>         should get the SIE (aka XSID) ... did you really type  digits?
>         Or did you misreport the hex address in the posting?
>                 E/I 3E
>         should pick up the SID.

I screwed up my numbers, the results for the KA692 are:
         E/L/P 20040004
         P 20040004 05231001
         E/I 3E
         I 0000003E 13000202

The SID is the same as the KA680 so I'm guessing that just means "I'm an NVAX"

--Chuck