Subject: VAX 6000-400 series and NetBSD, I have machines
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Gunther Schadow <gunther@aurora.regenstrief.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/30/2001 17:09:41
Hi,

I am going to be the proud owner of a VAX 6000-400 machine.
But I haven't seen that NetBSD runs on this one. How hard
do you think it will be to make it run? I know quite a bit
about the BSD kernel but know about nothing regarding the
VAX. So I appreciate any hints on how I should best approach
this project.

Also, I have my hands on two more VAX 6000-400 machines that
need to go ASAP. I would like to "donate" them to whoever
would get NetBSD up and running on them.

Please respond ASAP today or this weekend, since I have to
arrange for rescuing the machines before they go to the
junk yard.

Thanks,
-Gunther