Subject: making boot tapes on VMS
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@entropy.tmok.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/29/2001 23:05:39
i'm doing a cvs checkout of -current right now on my sparc box in order to get
a mopd machine going, but it's a SPARCstation LX with 32MB ram and a failing
system disk, so i'm not entirely certain it'll live through a 'make build' and
most certainly will take forever anyway.  i should really invest in a faster
sparc box to build -current snapshots of since i tend to run it on slow
hardware.

anyway, as is usual, i am drifting from the point of this email: i've got that
VMS system disk with UCX installed on it that i can pop into the 4000/400 to
ftp stuff to it to put on the TK-50 but then what?  how do i make a bootable
tape from VMS?  (and why isn't that in the install howto since i think that
should be a common situation)

i'd really like to help test the SHAC DSSI stuff since my 4000 is sitting idle
doing absolutely nothing otherwise.

thanks guys!!

-brian