Subject: Re: DSSI development (was Re: CMD disks (was Re: Need GENERIC
To: None <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/28/2001 16:40:15
At 11:39 PM 3/28/2001 +0200, jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de wrote:
>BTW: Is there support for the SHAC (MV4000-x00) on the way, or is there
>currently only a SII driver for the MV3400?

Ragge has already checked some support in for SHAC (although it seems to
only find 1 at the moment) and caveat the MSCP discussion we've had here in
the past it should be a fairly straight-forward step from DSSI on SII
support to supporting it over the SHAC interface. I'm concentrating on SII
initially for two reasons, one it is not so smart a chip that I have to
load programs into it to get it to work, and two it appears on processors
(KA670, 675, etc) that are "fresher" and thus subject to their own
stability questions (basically when I'm tracking down bugs I want to keep
the number of hiding places small :-)

--Chuck