Subject: Re: in need of a QBus SCSI card for my VAX 4000
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Geoff Roberts <geoffrob@stmarks.pp.catholic.edu.au>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/22/2001 09:25:29
----- Original Message -----
From: "Anders Magnusson" <ragge@ludd.luth.se>
To: "Erno Palonheimo" <esp@cc.hut.fi>
Cc: <wonko@tmok.com>; "Brian Chase" <bdc@world.std.com>;
<port-vax@netbsd.org>
Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2001 3:06 AM

> > Volvo stopped being what it used to be when they hired Peter Horbury
> > and introduced the front-wheel-driven S40/V40 line.  I'm never going
> > to sell my 242. :-)
> >
> Well, I still drive my old Volvo 164E. That's a _real_ volvo with a
> _real_ engine in it :-)

I just bought a 79 244DL manual. (AU$1200) Most Aussies (except the
wealthy) shy away from them due to the cost of parts,
but they are very nice, well engineered vehicles, and they don't rust
much. (This one has virtually none, that's why I bought it)
First one I've owned, and it goes very well, though it sucks more fuel
than I like for a 4 cylinder. (@98c a litre)

> (This was very off-topic...)

You're right, so now that I have your attention, ;^) is there any
glimmer of light regarding 6000 support?
Last I heard you were having difficulty with XMI support due to zilch
documentation.  Any change?
BTW, I have started a Vax 6000 website at
http://www.stmarks.pp.catholic.edu.au/vax/
Not a lot there yet, but beginnings of a FAQ, a photo tour of a 6000-430
(mine) and a list of adapter cards
found in such beasts.

And can you confirm that DSSI in the Microvax 3400/3600 is supported
now?

Cheers

Geoff