Subject: Re: 4000/600
To: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@umbar.vaxpower.org>
From: Tom Ivar Helbekkmo <tih@kpnQwest.no>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/21/2001 21:51:41
Lord Isildur <mrfusion@umbar.vaxpower.org> writes:

> Has anybody already done any investigation into why these cards have
> trouble? I know that 4.3's standalone driver can't boot from them without
> a modification, is there something of a simple nature also lurking here?

That would be my modification, and for the record, the machine that I
gave up running NetBSD-current on has been running 4.3BSD-Reno (with
the exact same hardware configuration, booting and running off the
SCSI disks on the CQD-220) for many weeks now, without a hitch.

I'll be running NetBSD on a VAX again soon, though (in addition to
i386, Sparc and MIPS platforms) -- I've just been given a 4000/500! :-)

-tih
--
The basic difference is this: hackers build things, crackers break them.