Subject: Re: problems with >128MB memory?
To: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@umbar.vaxpower.org>
From: Brian Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/21/2001 12:49:40
On Wed, 21 Mar 2001, Lord Isildur wrote:

> hello,
> does anybody know of any problems running NetBSd/vax with more than
> 128 megs of memory?
> i put an extra 64 into a machine that was at 128, and
> while it seemed stable enough before, it crashed about 7 hours after i
> put the extra memory in..

Hehe... wow.  Well for one, I doubt many people here are running
NetBSD/vax on a system with more than 128MB of RAM.  You lucky b*stard :-)
What type of system are you running?

It would probably be helpful if you posted the resulting output from the
crashed kernel if it generated any.  Did the system crash or did it just
hang.

Do you know for sure if the memory board you're using is good?  You might
try pulling the two other boards and running it with just this new board.
By process of elimination you might be able to find something wrong with
the board.

-brian. (dreaming about a nice dual-proc VAX 6000 series with 128MB of RAM)

--- Brian Chase | bdc@world.std.com | http://world.std.com/~bdc/ -----
     "The Net treats censorship as damage and routes around it."
         -- John Gilmore