Subject: Re: in need of a QBus SCSI card for my VAX 4000
To: None <wonko@tmok.com>
From: Brian Chase <bdc@world.std.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/20/2001 23:46:43
On Tue, 20 Mar 2001, Brian Hechinger wrote:

> seriously though, i'm a collector, so i should do this just for the
> mass amount of stuff i can collect.  hmmmmm, where would be a good
> place to look for these things?  i'll check with the local colleges.
> i've been getting what i can from work (i really would have liked
> those two 6000-410 machines, but didn't have $2500 for them) but that
> just never seems to be what i need.
>
> sadly i was laid off last week (stupid swedes cutting budgets) but i

Shhhh... quiet.  They also wrote most of the NetBSD/vax port.

Last week was a bad week I guess.  My Indianapolis based dotcom company
went under and laid off everyone as well.  We'd sort of smelled it coming
for several weeks though.  At least in the midwest you can more
effectively "duck and cover" to survive hard economic times.

Maybe Wasabi Systems is hiring. :-)

-brian.