Subject: Re: mopd for Solaris/SPARC 2.x?
To: Jonathan Sturges <jonathan@sprintmail.com>
From: Mats O Jansson <maja@cntw.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/20/2001 20:11:47
On Tue, 20 Mar 2001, Jonathan Sturges wrote:

> Hello,
> I've been off this list for several years and am a little out of touch.
>
> I'm getting ready to dust off the few Vaxen I own and would like to be able
> to netboot them from a Solaris machine.
> Looking at mopd 2.5.3, it looks like the older SunOS 4.x 'nit' system was
> supported, but that things weren't updated for SunOS 5.x... probably due to
> the level of effort required.
>
> I was wondering if anyone had a version that will run on Solaris 2.6, or
> 32-bit Solaris 7 or 8.  I don't know if Matts is even supporting mopd
> anymore.  :)

When I have time :-)

I got one request a month or two ago for Solaris 7 or 8 support. I have a
Solaris 8 machine at home so one night when I couldn't sleep I started to
add support for SunOS 5. I think i got as far as a working mopchk which
could tell me the known interfaces and their hardware addresses. Since
then nothing has happend...

-moj