Subject: Re: The New Guy's Vax 3100 M38
To: None <linc@thelinuxlink.net>
From: None <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/19/2001 19:58:54
On 18 Mar, Linc Fessenden wrote:

> 1. How do I get the vax to boot NetBSD in multi-user mode?
Hmm. I don't know the exact syntax, but try somthing like
set bflag 0
at the ">>>" prompt.
Is there a valid /etc/fstab on the disk?

> 2. I have a Vaxstation 3100 m38 with 16 megs of ram and a 212 meg hdd.
> Where can I get more memory for this - and how much can I put in?
The maximum is 24 or 28MB RAM. You need a special, rare RAM card for
this machine, that can hold a second RAM card as daughterboard. But
16MB is a quite good amount of RAM for this machine.

> How big of a hdd can I use in this machine?
As I know you can put a XX GB disk in it, but the bootpartition (or the
boot disk?) is limited to 1GB.
--

tschüß,
         Jochen