Subject: The New Guy's Vax 3100 M38
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Linc Fessenden <linc@thelinuxlink.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/18/2001 20:12:35
Hi everyone!
I am new to the list AND to thge VAX world and could use a little help.
I actually have a few months of NetBSD Pmax under my belt now, so
shouldn't annoy you all too much :-)
Anyhow, I got my first Vax a few days ago and just built a serial cable
for it and installed NetBSD Vax on it to get it running.  I only have 2
questions for you at this point..
1. How do I get the vax to boot NetBSD in multi-user mode?  I know in
NetBSD Vax you added a "-a" to the boot parameters.  Can't do that with
a Vax (or at least I don't know how to).  Also I did change the
boot-multi (or whatever it's called) in the rc.conf to YES but it didn't
help.  Every time I boot it stops in the middle of the boot process and
gives me a shell.
2. I have a Vaxstation 3100 m38 with 16 megs of ram and a 212 meg hdd.
Where can I get more memory for this - and how much can I put in?  How
big of a hdd can I use in this machine?

Thanks for your help in advance!
-Linc Fessenden
BTW Vaxes ARE Cool!