Subject: Re: Vax 4000-100 NETBOOTS!!!! ... but ....
To: BrownM03 <BrownM03@bigpond.com>
From: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/17/2001 19:01:14
At 01:35 PM 3/18/2001 +1100, you wrote:
>WOOPEEE !!! :)
>(ok it still has probs .. but looks REALLY promising)
>
>Client output is below.

>asc0 at vsbus0 csr 0x26000080 vec 510 ipl 15 maskbit 1
>asc0: NCR53C94, 25MHz, SCSI ID 6
>scsibus0 at asc0: 8 targets, 8 luns per target
>scsibus0: waiting 2 seconds for devices to settle...
>cd0 at scsibus0 target 1 lun 0: <DEC, RRD42 (C) DEC, 4.5d> SCSI2 5/cdrom

Cool.  didn't even know that my VS4000 asc stuff worked on other
platforms.  However, there seems to be some stuff missing for managing
the sgmap for the scsi chip.

But I digress...

The problem is that you haven't untarred a 1.5 snapshot
(at least base.tgz) into the root and make sure you do
a "MAKEDEV all" in it's dev directory.