Subject: Re: DECserver 300 questions
To: Michael Kukat <michael@unixiron.org>
From: Matthew Fredette <fredette@MIT.EDU>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/14/2001 11:08:04
> Hm... are there any tries to get some LAT stuff running under NetBSD? :)
>
> Would be cool to have some nodes in /dev talking to the DECserver ports
> via LAT. I saw some sources for this for Lin** recently, maybe i should
> have a closer look at this, i just need the protocol specs.

I was fooling around with that lin** latd a few months ago, because I
have a DECserver 200/MC.  I wrapped an autoconf/automake framework
around latd to try to make it more multiplatform, and added some bits
to have it support NetBSD.

I had it compiling on NetBSD/i386 and NetBSD/vax (both 1.5) and doing
some very preliminary things, like picking up the services announced
by the DECserver but I eventually got distracted from working on it.

There shouldn't be any reason why I can't just put up a complete
source distribution plus my changes, right?  I haven't talked with
latd's author about any of this, so I'm a little hesitant, but I don't
really know why :)

Matt

--
Matt Fredette