Subject: Re: DECserver 300 questions
To: Paul Thompson <thompson@mail.athenet.net>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@unixiron.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/14/2001 10:52:33
Hi !

Paul Thompson wrote:
> If someone says they are able to get break to work on a 200 and not a 300
> perhaps there are port settings that differ between the two that could be
> set on the 300.  Let's see a SHOW PORT from the 200 that works, and a
> SHOW PORT from the 300 and determine what's different.  There are a lot of
> customizable settings hidden in there.

I don't think the behaviour is different in 200 and 300 models, i just
said, a _TELNET_ session discards any tries to send a break to the LAT
service. At home, i could just use my 200 as a real _TERMINAL_ server to
connect the 300 in the rack, but i need my break via telnet on the
terminal server ports, and exactly here is my only problem. Never said,
it doesn't work via LAT, the setting is something like "CHANGE PORT <n>
BREAK REMOTE" or something like that. But the "send brk" in a telnet
session is ignored. This is the only problem, LAT works.

Hm... are there any tries to get some LAT stuff running under NetBSD? :)

Would be cool to have some nodes in /dev talking to the DECserver ports
via LAT. I saw some sources for this for Lin** recently, maybe i should
have a closer look at this, i just need the protocol specs.

...Michael