Subject: Re: DECserver 300 questions
To: Michael Kukat <michael@unixiron.org>
From: Peter Svensson <petersv@psv.nu>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/14/2001 11:31:50
On Wed, 14 Mar 2001, Michael Kukat wrote:

> I don't have a 750 or a 780, maybe it is true on these machines, but at
> least the 4000 series doesn't seem to listen for ^P by default. Ok, it
> even might be that the DECserver300 filters this, but i don't think so,
> because ^P is echoed. Have to look into the firmware, if i can enable it
> on the 4000/105A, as i can on the 4000/300, but by default, none of the
> VAXstation 4000 or VAX 4000 machines here knows about ^P coming from the
> DECserver 300.

Most of the "bigger" vaxen I have worked with use ctrl-p to get to the
chevron prompt. This includes the 8350 eg. I think nautilus series used
ctrl-p as well.

Peter
--
Peter Svensson      ! Pgp key available by finger, fingerprint:
<petersv@psv.nu>    ! 8A E9 20 98 C1 FF 43 E3  07 FD B9 0A 80 72 70 AF