Subject: Re: DECserver 300 questions
To: Carlini, Antonio <Antonio.Carlini@riverstonenet.com>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@unixiron.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/14/2001 07:17:49
Hi !

"Carlini, Antonio" wrote:
>         > server, but with no success. It really seems to be thought as a
>         > _TERMINAL_ server, not as a _CONSOLE_ server, as BREAK from the
> terminal
>         > can be used as disconnect for telnet sessions :)
>
>         If you get to the terminal server via LAT (i.e. you
>         have the server offering a LAT service for
>         the port which has the console attached) then
>         you can do this (at least it worked for me!).

I connected internally with LAT, so did a login to the server ans issued
my "CONNECT PORT02". But as during the telnet connection, the BREAK will
be discarded, it never reaches the destination service, it is never sent
to PORT02.

>         Via telnet, maybe you can do this. Certainly the
>         OpenVMS and Solaris telnets allow you to do
>         "send brk". Whether this gets gobbled up by the
>         terminal server or actually passed on I have no
>         way of testing right now.

send brk exists in telnet, works with other terminal servers, and is
silently ignored or translated to a character by the DS300. Too bad,
there exists no character "BRK" or so, as in the input side somewhere.

...Michael