Subject: Re: DECserver 300 questions
To: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@unixiron.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/14/2001 07:09:14
Hi !

der Mouse wrote:
> > I know this from my 4000/300 where i can do "SET CONTROLP 1" to
> > enable this feature.  But this is the only VAX reacting on ^P.
>
> I'm fairly sure that's not true.  Back when I used VAXen at work, one
> of them used ^P to break to the console, and I doubt the 4000/300 even
> existed back then.  I think it was the 780, though it might have been
> the 750.

I don't have a 750 or a 780, maybe it is true on these machines, but at
least the 4000 series doesn't seem to listen for ^P by default. Ok, it
even might be that the DECserver300 filters this, but i don't think so,
because ^P is echoed. Have to look into the firmware, if i can enable it
on the 4000/105A, as i can on the 4000/300, but by default, none of the
VAXstation 4000 or VAX 4000 machines here knows about ^P coming from the
DECserver 300.

...Michael