Subject: Re: VS3100 and console breaks
To: Chuck Dickman <chd@nktelco.net>
From: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@umbar.vaxpower.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/12/2001 09:36:04
This is because when your linux box acting as console goes down, the
serial line goes flat, which is interpreted by the vax as a break, and
VAXen halt and drop to console when they get a break on the console.
you can change this from the console. power up, bring it to the chevron ,
and do a help to see what options you can set
on eof them, i think halt or haltaction or something, will be what you
want. there, you can tell itnot to halt on breaks.

Isildur