Subject: Re: Help!
To: Johnny Billquist <bqt@update.uu.se>
From: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@umbar.vaxpower.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 03/07/2001 09:49:39
Actually, TCP/IP was first implemented internally at BBN, but then once
that proof of concept was done, arpa contracted UCB to do the
implementation in BSD UNIX. The first TCP/IP implementation outside of the
totally experimental BBN version was the one done at berkeley, in UNIX,
on a VAX. I dont think BBN did their initial version on a PDP10.
The arpa internet itself, however, was indeed originally built with PDP10s
and some even older stuff, running the hello protocol.

Isildur