Subject: Re: VAX 4000/100 + cd + syquest ...etc
To: BrownM03 <BrownM03@bigpond.com>
From: Matt London <matt@knm.yi.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/27/2001 15:30:42

On Wed, 28 Feb 2001, BrownM03 wrote:

> Looks like I've started a riot!  Thanks for the welcome guys :) heh
> > Long messages are okay, as long as they are saying something
> > interesting...
> I guess a nice 4000 in the hands of an i386 user must scare you all a bit
> then?
> (scary=interesting???:))

I got my first VAX just before christmas (an MV3100 m10e), loved it, and
just got an MV3300 with a few bits and bobs.

Before that I was mostly ix86, with a few other bits and bobs, Z80, MC68k
etc - but I do love my vaxen :&) Although I've yet to come to grips with
VMS, I'm getting there slowly. I'm quite happily at home with NetBSD
(learnt unix from 6 years or so with linux, then tinkering with other bits
and pieces).

[big cut]

> what
> > >
> > > a) It's A VAX!
> >
> > Correct.
> Yes, I'm in love already.

*G*

I just wish some of my friends would understand this. "What on earth do
you want a VAX for?!?" etc.

> > > b) It's no Intel :)
> >
> > Correct.
> Good.  (I mean, ... THANK GOD:)

ehehehe

[another big cut]

Well, I hope you enjoy your VAX, I know I had a great weekend just
tinkering with this MV3300 - I spent most of sunday afternoon stripping
and cleaning it - it looks almost new now, just a couple of scuff marks
that won't come off the pedestal.

BTW, if there's anyone in the UK with a case to house DSSI drives
(R215F?) with a DSSI cable going spare...

(I've got 3 RF30s and only space for 2 in the 3300)

:&)

- -- Matt

- ---
E-mail:
  matt@pkl.net, matt@knm.yi.org, matt@printf.net
  matt@m-techdiagnostics.ltd.uk, matthew.london@stud.umist.ac.uk
  mattl@vcd.student.utwente.nl, mattl@fnmail.com, mlondon@mail.talk-101.com
Web Page:
  http://knm.yi.org/
  http://pkl.net/~matt/

PGP Key fingerprint = 00BF 19FE D5F5 8EAD 2FD5  D102 260E 8BA7 EEE4 8D7F
PGP Key http://knm.yi.org/matt-pgp.html