Subject: Re: Monthly Job, once-only: How?
To: Bruce Lane <kyrrin@bluefeathertech.com>
From: Tom Ivar Helbekkmo <tih@kpnQwest.no>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/25/2001 19:54:42
Bruce Lane <kyrrin@bluefeathertech.com> writes:

> # 50     *       25      *       *       /usr/local/apache/conf/rc.monthly
> [...]
> 	The reason it's commented out right now is because I discovered it was
> running at 50 minutes past every hour on this day (which is indeed the 25th).

Absolutely.  You've asked it to run at 50 minutes past every hour on
the 25th of the month.  If you only want it to run at 50 minutes past
a specific hour on the 25th, change it to something like:

50     23       25      *       *       /usr/local/apache/conf/rc.monthly

...which would mean at 23:50 on the 25th.

-tih
--
The basic difference is this: hackers build things, crackers break them.