Subject: Re: VR299 problem
To: leo herranen <leo.herranen@raketti.net>
From: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@umbar.vaxpower.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/22/2001 14:40:22
heh, i have a VR299 that does exactly the same thing.
i think it is the result of a nice big transistor that is near death and
wont work til it gets properly warm. mine has worked reliably as long as
i let it sit (only about 10 minues required for mine so far) and then, as you
mention, i must turn it off and then on again.
unless you want ot go looking thru testing components i'd just leave it
as it is.. at least mine has not gotten any worse and still works fine if
left on, so i dont have any good incentive to go poking in there.. :)

happy hacking,
isildur