Subject: Re: VAX miniroot help.
From: Michael Kukat <michael@unixiron.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/17/2001 16:05:41
Hi !

On Sat, 17 Feb 2001, NetBSD mailing list wrote:
> THewna second thing.
> The VAX prom cannot see correctly my SCSI Disk.
> The disk is a fujitsu 9GB, ULTRA 160 disc.
> I Attached it with a SCSI internal adapter 50 pin male to 68 pin female.
> The prom tells me the disk is 549MB.

Don't think too much about this. This might be some 8GB barrier, and the disk
seems to have 8GB + 549MB capacity or so. Should work anyway, just keep your
root-slice below 8 Gigs. NetBSD should know the real capacity. I have no probs
with a 4,5GB disk on the VAX 4000/105A, so there is no problem with 2 Gigs or
so.

> Anyway when the kernel boots it can correctly detect the scsi disk
> and it correctly see the 9GB storage area.
> Can I safely ignore the PROM (show dev) results ?

I think so.

...Michael

--
In TV, there are bluescreens to put a faked reality behind a real played scene,
in Windows, you sometimes see the real scene, when the fakes go out for lunch.