Subject: Re: installing netBSD 1.5 on a Vaxstation 3100-m76
To: None <jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@entropy.tmok.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/16/2001 10:54:38
jkunz@unixag-kl.fh-kl.de drunkenly mumbled...

> > nothing! No whirring no humming no blinking lights
> I am afraid that (at least some models of) Plextor CDROMs an not boot on
> VAXstations. I tried the same with a 12Plex and nothing. The same
> machine booted fine from the same CD with a Toshiba 3401B.

i haven't checked lately, but there are only a few models of plextor that do
512k mode.  the 32plex and the mumble20 both do it to my knowledge.  i've got
a 32Plex that i use on all my suns and it works great.  relatively inexpensive
as well. [1]

-brian

[1] relatively inexpensive being a relative term of course, this isn't a $12
    CD-ROM drive i've go there, ya know?