Subject: Re: sysinst, VS-3100 CD Boot
To: Ian Harding <iharding@pakrat.com>
From: Michael L. Hitch <mhitch@lightning.msu.montana.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/11/2001 19:31:55
On Sun, 11 Feb 2001, Ian Harding wrote:

> > When the /boot program is loaded and counts from 5 sec. down press the
> > space key, enter
> > boot netbsd -s
> > (or netbsd.gz, depends on the CD)
> I am already stuck.  I keep getting Boot failed: File or directory not
> found.  I tried typing th epath to the image as in
> /vax/binary/kernel/netbsd.generic.gz and that did not work either.  Any
> other ideas?

  The multi-boot CDROM uses the kernel named netbsd.vax.

  Also, I think the boot loader doesn't handle the RockRidge extensions,
and won't accept the name "netbsd.generic.gz".  Even if you knew the
filename in the directory (either netbsd.generic_gz or netbsd_generic.gz),
the boot loader console code won't let you enter the '_' character.

--
Michael L. Hitch			mhitch@montana.edu
Computer Consultant