Subject: Re: Q: monitor
To: leo herranen <leo.herranen@raketti.net>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@unixiron.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/08/2001 16:27:30
Hi !

On Thu, 8 Feb 2001, leo herranen wrote:
> >As my VR299 crashed I need a new monitor :(
> >So the requirements would be:
> >
> >a) multisync
> >b) capable of at least 1280*1024
> >c) capable of 80 Hz
> >d) small (i'd like it to be under 19")
> >e) clear
> f) sync-on-green
> g) BNC connectors

This is not really a monitor sales center here, but i would recommend some 17"
Sony monitor, as those things usually know about any kind of sync signals,
know good frequency ranges in the newer models, and have a very good picture.
Don'T know the max. horizontal frequency of the 17se or 17sf, but these are
2 monitors you might get used for low money somewhere.

Ah yes, nearly every monitor knows about 80 Hz today... in 640x480 :) If you
want 80Hz at 1280x1024 then you need a bit more...

...Michael

--
In TV, there are bluescreens to put a faked reality behind a real played scene,
in Windows, you sometimes see the real scene, when the fakes go out for lunch.