Subject: RE: new SCSI III disc
From: Stephen Thamel <sthamel@yahoo.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/07/2001 13:53:09
> I wanted to add a new scsi disk to my 4000/90.
>
> The problem is now the only SCSI disk avaliable on market are only SCSI
> III disks LVD with 68 pins. I have found scsi adapters 50 pin male->68
> pin female which would allow to add a new disc inside bu anyonr of you
> knows if then such a disc will work properly on the 4000/90 ??

I have a 4000/90 and added a 68Pin drive.  I set the jumper on the drive to
SE (Single Ended) to cancel the LVD.  I then used a 68 to 50 pin converter
so it could be connected to the standard cable inside.  This drive was added
in addition to the ancient 50 pin narrow original that came with the box.

Stephen Thamel, Principal
The Summit Group
78 Rochdale Street
Auburn, MA  01501-1250