Subject: Re: new SCSI III disc
To: Peter Svensson <petersv@psv.nu>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@unixiron.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/07/2001 14:08:38
Hi !

On Wed, 7 Feb 2001, Peter Svensson wrote:
> > LVD disks can't work on the SE controller of the 4000/90. But a SE disk with
> > 68 pins (wide SCSI) should work with an adapter.
>
> Most lvd disks I have seen can be put on a normal wide chain as well.

As long as it is "degradeable" to SE, there is no problem. LVD definitely
doesn't work on SE, as i recently tried out. After reading the manual and
seeing the device is differential SCSI, i knew why it didn't work :)

...Michael

--
In TV, there are bluescreens to put a faked reality behind a real played scene,
in Windows, you sometimes see the real scene, when the fakes go out for lunch.