Subject: DSSI update
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/06/2001 12:55:50
For those of you waiting (and there are a few) here is an update on my DSSI
work:

I've finally got a really great development setup. This was the fortuitous
addition of extra hardware to the mix.

Kernel configuration goes like this:
	shac*	at ibus
	sii	at ibus
	dssibus*	at sii?
	dssibus*	at shac?
	dd*	at dssibus?
	dt*	at dssibus?

Since you can have multiple shac's but only one SII as far as I can tell.
 From what I have been able to garner you can run the SII chip as either a
SCSI controller or a DSSI controller but not both. The sii options will
only work if you've defined KA640 in your config file.

dssibuses have a pointer to the device struct of the bus controller. That
controller has to export a function for sending datagrams and managing
connections.

I've got hooks in for multi-processor support but have _no_ plans to
implement them at this time. Perhaps the next soul who takes this up can
follow that path.

Watch this space for test kernel images...

--Chuck