Subject: Re: Broken CD?
To: Douglas Meade <inforum@umd5.umd.edu>
From: leo herranen <leo.herranen@raketti.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/05/2001 17:18:15
At 10:11 5.2.2001 -0500, you wrote:
>Leo,
>> I have booted the OpenVMS 7.2 CD succesfully a few times... I haven't been
>> able to set it up on a PC, though...
>The drive should work fine, then.  Actually, I use the OpenVSM 7.2 CD
>(and my multitudinous copies!) to test the old SCSI CD drives I find
>around.

So it's not the problem here. I already guessed it can't be the problem...
BTW, can I use a CD drive with 2048B block size for booting NetBSD? (I
know, the RRD42 has 512B/block but 2048B is more common AFAIK)

>> kind of drive ID? (DKA400 or ... what's the format anyways)
>No, the boot dka400 is exactly what it is looking for.  I would suspect
>the cd or the cd image.  You got it from the NetBSD site?  That one
>I've tried, and it's good.

I guess I'll just have to make a new CD then. Fsck. 64kbps ISDN isn't
really good for your health. :( I lost the .iso...
--
Leo Herranen| DEC BC09J olis tarpeen
a.k.a lXa   |"mouse button: One of the buttons on a mouse pointing