Subject: Re: KDA50?
To: Johnny Billquist <bqt@update.uu.se>
From: Douglas Meade <inforum@umd5.umd.edu>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/05/2001 09:53:32
Tom,

Getting this controller to work can be frustrating on a KA630, because
of the limited firmware support.  If you could get ahold of a KA650
(I saw one on E-bay last week), with that CPU you can do 'SHOW DEV'
and it will show you what disks it sees.  A 'SHOW QBUS' will tell you
what cards are recognised, and at what CSR.  With the KA630, netbooting
the kernel is the best debugging device I know of.

> Slightly modern firmware in the VAX can usually probe the Q-bus for any
> addresses that responds, but I don't know what version you have. I don't
> remember seeing any "normal" software that does this. Perhaps something to
> suggest as a project for someone...?

> http://eisner.decus.org/DECUServe/DECnotes/HARDWARE_HELP/1158.HTML

Kool!  I had been looking for that too.  Must not have been using the
right search engine.

Doug