Subject: Re: old game
To: Chuck Cranor <chuck@research.att.com>
From: Tom Ivar Helbekkmo <tih@kpnQwest.no>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/04/2001 18:37:32
Chuck Cranor <chuck@research.att.com> writes:

> i believe this is a VAX version of the game done by a Patrick Greussay
> around 1984 at Institut d'Intelligence Artificielle Departement
> d'Informatique, Universite-Paris-8.  i remember running this program on
> a 4.2/4.3BSD VAX system (or maybe Ultrix?  i'm not 100% sure).  the
> binary is an NMAGIC.

It runs just fine under 4.3BSD-Reno on my KA650:

> ls -l haunt
-rwxr-xr-x    1 tih        505416 Feb  4 18:31 haunt
> file haunt
haunt:  pure executable
> ./haunt

 This is HAUNT. Version 5.1
 See NEWS for news.
 Have you played before?[yes]

*yes

 We are at an intersection of two streets going n-s and e-w.
 There is a bus stop here.
 To the west a bus is pulling away from the next bus stop.

*quit

 See you later.
 Your final score is 0
 The total possible is 440
 Hmm... I don't think you tried very hard.

-tih
--
The basic difference is this: hackers build things, crackers break them.