Subject: Re: KDA50?
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Tom Parker <tom@carrott.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/04/2001 07:09:28
Johnny Billquist <bqt@update.uu.se> wrote:

>2. Your KDA50 have the wrong address. All cards on a Q-bus have their own
>address range. This can be changed, and is usually done by a number of
>dip-switches on the card. The KDA50 should in your case be at address
>172150(8). If it isn't there, NetBSD won't find it. NetBSD assumes that
>the first MSCP controller is at that address.

I have netbsd netbooting. Are there any programs that can probe the bus for
devices at other addresses?

>I don't know if the switches for a KDA50 is documented anywhere on the
>net. Try searching. I don't do much Q-bus stuff myself, being a Unibus
>fan, so I can't help on this one.

I have searched fairly exhaustively and not found much. I found the archive of
this group at geocrawler, but that only goes back to 1999. The archives at
netbsd.org go back further but don't seem to be searchable, beyond using
external search engines.

Is there a more useful search engine that altavista with a "host:" keyword?

--
Tom Parker - tom@carrott.org
           - http://www.carrott.org