Subject: Re: KDA50?
To: Tom Parker <tom@carrott.org>
From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/03/2001 23:01:42
At 03:23 PM 2/4/01 +1200, Tom Parker wrote:
>I currently have the ethernet, 2 ram cards and the KDA 50 on the bus, as I
>read these messages, the KDA50 isn't being detected.

Thats correct. Did you take out the RQDX3 that was in there before? If you
have a gap in the bus (ie an empty slot) it won't see it either. There are
several things to consider:

1) Are there any gaps in the Q-bus chain that would cause the bus grant
chain to be  broken? On a BA23 there are three slots that are Q/CD (that is
Q-bus on the first two connectors and C and D connectors as is) then a
bunch of slots that are Q/Q. The bus grant chain is serpentine from the
left hand side going down.

2) Are the cards set to the correct CSRs to be recognized? The generic
kernel expects MSCP controllers to be at certain addresses, the first is
fixed and the second is 'floating' but it floats based on whether or not
you've got a serial card installed.

3) Is the KDA50 board set functional? This can be somewhat harder to test
but if you get the diagnostic LED pattern then its probably OK.

--Chuck