Subject: Re: /dev/ipnat not configured?
To: M J Dowden <mjdowden@panix.com>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@unixiron.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/03/2001 21:17:10
Hi !

On Sat, 3 Feb 2001, M J Dowden wrote:
>      I haven't been able to get ipnat to work. I've made up the config
> files, as described in
> <http://www.mclink.it/personal/MG2508/nbsdeng/chap-net.html#SECT-IPNAT>,
> but I keep getting an error message that /dev/ipnat is not
> configured. Does anyone else have it working?

Did you compile the kernel with

pseudo-device   ipfilter                # IP filter (firewall) and NAT

installed? Didn't try ipf/ipnat on VAX, but as the binaries exist, there is
a good chance for this to work there also. ipfilter should be platform-
independant.

Just look into the i386 config files to find everything you need :)

...Michael

--
In TV, there are bluescreens to put a faked reality behind a real played scene,
in Windows, you sometimes see the real scene, when the fakes go out for lunch.