Subject: Re: Can't probe HP DAT drive
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org, port-pmax@netbsd.org>
From: Toru Nishimura <nisimura@itc.aist-nara.ac.jp>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/02/2001 18:20:57
> I've discovered that on both the pmax and vax ports, running on
> a DS3100 and Vax 4000/60, respectively, HP 35480A DDS DAT drives
> aren't probed.
>
> Both machines are running 1.5Q kernels.
> Is this lack of support for the HP drive a work-in-progress, or
> a "feature?" :)

As a data point, I've been happy to run HP DAT drive with DEC3000/300
equipped with the NCR53C94+IOCTL ASIC combination.   Kernel is 1.5K,
pre-UBC and pre-tagged queuing.

    /dev/st0: scsibus0 target 6 lun 0 <HP, C1533A, 9608>

I can not remember I tried it with Personal DECstation so far, and am
unable to re-hook the drive this moment.

Tohru Nishimura