Subject: Re: RA81 on RDQX3?
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 02/01/2001 10:53:47
If you look at the list of boards in his MVII you will see that he has a
KDA50 which is an SDI disk controller that can talk to RA81s. These are
fairly common as silly commercial people rather run a 500MB 3.5" SCSI drive
than a 500MB 35" SDI drive. They just don't appreciate the stablizing
effect on a rack to have 50 lbs of disk media spinning at 3600 RPM :-)

--Chuck

P.S. If someone wants one let me know. I've got a couple of board sets
extra and only one RA82. I might also have a cabinet kit and cabling but
that gets heavy fast...