Subject: Re: Does not Detect HD's
To: None <sthamel@consultant.com>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@bsdfans.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/31/2001 19:59:33
Hi !

On Wed, 31 Jan 2001, Stephen Thamel wrote:
>   I cannot get NetBSD to see my HD's on a VaxStation 4000 M90.  Boots the CD
> and put the installation menu on the serial console.  During the kernel
> load, it could not getdisklabel - so I attempted to partition - but NetBSD
> reports that no disk can be found.  Any help appreciated.

Install kernel for the 4000/90 does not contain SCSI support. You must boot the
normal kernel from network, and create your own miniroot to install :)

...Michael

--
In TV, there are bluescreens to put a faked reality behind a real played scene,
in Windows, you sometimes see the real scene, when the fakes go out for lunch.