Subject: Re: netbooting issues
To: Dennis Grevenstein <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Tom Parker <tom@carrott.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/30/2001 05:02:41
Dennis Grevenstein <list@pcde.inka.de> wrote:

>The reason why I am asking about the uVAX II allthough the FAQ says
>that Q-bus machine are not supported for netbooting is that I was
>told that these machines can indeed succesfully be netbootet.
>Maybe anybody here can explain some things.
>The uVAX II has a DELQA Ethernet board that is listed as supported
>by NetBSD. The NetBSD version used was 1.4.1.

The FAQ seems to be very out of date. I have just yesterday got my uVAX II
netbooting. Check out my webpage for my specification and problems I
encountered.

I had to pull nonessential cards (the 4 port serial mux and the SDI disk
controller, leaving only the cpu, 2 ram cards and the ethernet card) to
succesfully boot the kernel. I haven't yet worked out which card was causing
the problem. However it sounds like you aren't even getting the kernel, never
mind booting it.

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

--
Tom Parker - tom@carrott.org
           - http://www.carrott.org