Subject: Re: [Way OT] Invincible Technologies Corporation Ultimate-5
To: None <wonko@tmok.com>
From: Al Snell <alaric@alaric-snell.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/30/2001 01:14:21
On Mon, 29 Jan 2001, Brian Hechinger wrote:

> do i just plug it in?  does it need to be configured?  that sorta stuff.  well,

Not sure about this one in particular, but RAID enclosures I've seen
simply emulate a single disk to the SCSI bus - plug it in and the OS
should see it fine.

However, it may need telling what kind of RAID to do if it has that
option. This is done either by a front panel/dip switch type of
arrangement or in-band over SCSI using a configuration program that
probably only runs under Windows and will be impossible to get anyway.

So try just putting some disks in and plugging it in. Odds on it'll figure
itself out and present a single large disk to NetBSD, and you'll be a
happy bunny with a massive disk! :-)

ABS

--
                               Alaric B. Snell