Subject: Re: More raining VAXentoyz -- VAXstation 3200 today
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/26/2001 11:14:12
At 08:06 PM 1/26/2001 +0100, Jochen wrote:
>I don't know if there exists a RQDX3 Formater for VAX. I don't know if
>this exists at all. Perhaps there exists a formater only for PDP11...
>For home use, you must have VS2000 for use as a drive formater.

There is the MDM (MicroVAX Diagnostic Monitor). It it a bootable TK50 tape
that can test your VAX and do formatting of MFM drives on the RQDX3. I'd
really like to get a binary image run it on charon or some other VAX
emulator and watch what it tells the RQDX3 in order to do the format. There
has to be some sort of "special" MSCP commands but they just aren't
documented.

--Chuck