Subject: Re: More raining VAXentoyz -- VAXstation 3200 today
To: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/26/2001 09:54:39
At 12:12 PM 1/26/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>Anyone know what this VAXstation 3200 critter really is?
>MicroVAX III thing?  KA650?

A MicroVAX III, I've got one in da' house (named it HalfVAX) Mine came in
the "dual BA23" mode which has two BA23 cabinets mounted in the rack on top
of each other and a double high swinging back door that holds all the end
plates.

According to my DEC docs they shipped in this configuration and in the BA23
"pedestal" configuration.

Typical config was KA650, 16MB RAM, DELQA, QDSS (aka VCB-03), TQK70, RQDX3.
One MFM and one TK70 in the box. Mine was configured for two hard drives in
the top cabinet and the tape and one drive in the lower cabinet.

The previous owner had upgraded the RQDX3 to a Dilog DQ696-20 at some point
and put a couple of ESDI drives in it.

Mines called "half vax" because I reconfigured it to be in a single BA23
and the pedestal mount. I left the graphics card in and run VMS on it while
I way for the QDSS support to be fixed again in NetBSD (it apparently
worked at one time)

--Chuck
(PS. Does anyone have the S-box handle kit for the QDSS cards? I've got the
s-box cable, cards, but not the cab kit)