Subject: Re: VS4k90 console
To: Douglas Meade <inforum@umd5.umd.edu>
From: Michael Kukat <port-vax@vaxpower.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/26/2001 15:42:48
Hi !

On Fri, 26 Jan 2001, Douglas Meade wrote:
> I've got a Vaxstation 4000/90 SPX that I've been running VMS on using
> a DEC color monitor.  I brought it into work today to try to set it
> up with the VS4k/90 SCSI kernel.  However, I've forgotten how to
> get console on this one.  It is apparently different from the VS3100.
> Are both the MMJ and the 25 pin ports in the middle available?  And
> would you use a null modem or straight through cable?

To get sure, use the MMJ port and flip the S3 switch on the front to the upper
position. Pay attention, there are 2 switches on the front, one is for the
speaker.

...Michael

--
In TV, there are bluescreens to put a faked reality behind a real played scene,
in Windows, you sometimes see the real scene, when the fakes go out for lunch.