Subject: NFS problem on VAX4000/200
To: None <port-vax@netbsd.org>
From: J. Buck Caldwell <buckaroo@igps.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/25/2001 15:55:12
Of course, it could just be me misconfiguring NFS, but...

I set up a NetBSD/i386 box that has a fully populated /usr/src and
/usr/pkgsrc, both updated by SUP every night. Both src and pkgsrc are on
the same /usr filesystem. The i386 machine's /etc/exports looks like
this:

/usr -alldirs -maproot=root

Theoretically, I should be able to do the following:

mount_nfs <addr>:/usr/src /usr/src
mount_nfs <addr>:/usr/pkgsrc /usr/pkgsrc

Right? Well, the first one works, but the second one hangs the machine,
spitting out an occasional message from the network driver (ze0:) -
something along the lines of "ignoring oversize packet". At that point,
I have to <break> and reboot the machine.

Any thoughts? (other than "damnit, why doesn't he post exact error
messages?!") If it's not something obvious, I'll post details later
tonight.

 -Buckaroo