Subject: Re: Compiler timings on varous MVII NetBSDs etc.
To: Johnny Billquist <bqt@update.uu.se>
From: Lord Isildur <mrfusion@umbar.vaxpower.org>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/25/2001 16:37:35
On Thu, 25 Jan 2001, Johnny Billquist wrote:
> That's an impressive performace hit!
>
> I assume that you directed the output to a file. Both machines ka650?
>
> This is a serious performance degradation, and it _should_ be fairly easy
> to figure out where the hit took place.

yeah.. no, the machines werent identical. the slowness was on a KA420, my
faster scores were on a KA650. Still, theyre comparable CVAX processors,
and a factor of ten speed difference is not explained by the machines.
the output was sent to /dev/null in both cases- i dont think that the
kernel would be 10x slower in /dev/null, either...

isildur