Subject: Re: comm card for VAX 4300
To: M J Dowden <mjdowden@panix.com>
From: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/25/2001 11:04:19
How many would you like? :-)

Seriously, I have half a dozen.

There are two cards that are really designed for this VAX, they are the
CXY08 (M3119-YA) and CXA16 (M3118). The former is 8 ports and the later is
16 ports. I have a CXA16 hooked up in a 3400 running NetBSD 1.5 and
although the kernel sees it and says it is there, it doesn't seem to
respond to any terminals connected to it. I've been planning on trying out
a CXY08 to see if it will work.

The "traditional" card was the DHV11 which came in a quad-wide 8 port
variety (M3104), dual wide 4 port variety (M3106), and dual wide 8 port
(M3107). I've used these on NetBSD systems and they work, but they don't
have "s-box" handles (the heavy metal edge on the card) You can finesse
this by running the ribbon cable out to the cabinet kit outside the box.
(this is what I did for the Vintage Computer Festival one year)

If you're willing to pay postage I'd be happy to box one up and send it to
you. This goes for anyone else on the list until I run out of them. Contact
me off list if you're interested with your mail address.

--Chuck