Subject: Questions...
To: VAX porting list <port-vax@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@Update.UU.SE>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/25/2001 12:16:19
I'm finally getting some time to play around with my VAX now, and I have a
few questions...

First of all, since I'm having some problems with the MSCP driver, I'm
running the system over NFS for now. Works fine. However, I'm
experienceing horrible time drift when I'm doing heavy stuff (like
compiling the kernel), anyone else seen this? It seems to imply that we
are locking out clock interrupts for extended periods. Not good at all.

Second. I had some problems compiling the most recent sources, and
stumbled onto IBCS2. In the generic config file:

options 	COMPAT_IBCS2	# DEC SVR.3 compatilibity

however, in the man-pages:

     NetBSD supports running Intel Binary Compatibilty Standard 2 (iBCS2) bi-
     naries.  This only applies to i386 systems for now.

Anyone care to explain? What DEC SVR.3 exists for VAXen???

	Johnny