Subject: Re: VST2000+ software
To: Frederik Meerwaldt <frederik@freddym.org>
From: Matthew N. Dodd <winter@jurai.net>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/24/2001 18:15:36
On Sun, 21 Jan 2001, Frederik Meerwaldt wrote:
> You have most likely the OpenVMS Freeware CD. It is in the OpenVMS
> Files-11 format. You need an OpenVMS Machine to read this CD. And then
> there are 2 OpenVMS Savesets for the VXT2000+ Software on this CD,
> which you have to install on your OpenVMS Machine with
> @sys$update:vmsinstal to get the vxt.sys and vxtex.sys (the
> bootfiles).

Chuck McCrobie provided me with an ODS2 filesystem driver for FreeBSD
about 6 months ago.  It mostly worked and I was in the process of updating
it for -CURRENT when a house move interrupted me.

Maybe it could be ported to NetBSD with a little effort.

I've been given permission to commit it to FreeBSD when the time comes so
I doubt he'd have any problems with me sharing the source here.

ftp://ftp.jurai.net/users/winter/ods2.tar.gz

--
| Matthew N. Dodd  | '78 Datsun 280Z | '75 Volvo 164E | FreeBSD/NetBSD  |
| winter@jurai.net |       2 x '84 Volvo 245DL        | ix86,sparc,pmax |