Subject: Re: vax 3100-95, vax 4000-108, vax 4000-100
To: NetBSD Bob <nbsdbob@weedcon1.cropsci.ncsu.edu>
From: Michael Kukat <port-vax@vaxpower.de>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/24/2001 21:25:50
Hi !

On Wed, 24 Jan 2001, NetBSD Bob wrote:
> Out of curiosity, which are the fastest of the 3100 line VAXstations?
> I thought I heard of something called a Cheetah+ that was clocked at
> 45 vups or something like that.  That kind of machine would really fly
> running NetBSD, if any kind of port might exist.

Cool flights are reality here... My VS4k90 is the main compiler machine,
a kernel is built in 55-75 minutes (custom 55 minutes, GENERIC 75 minutes),
this is a quite nice time. In one evening i get enough builds to check
several things. And after completeing support for 4000-[456]00 recently, i
also came a bit closer to the 4000-105A hack, which should feed 100 and 108
also then.

Only problem is this VAXstation-like DZ console port. But the machine runs
with a modified /etc/rc now, no console output, but usable via telnet :)

...Michael

--
In TV, there are bluescreens to put a faked reality behind a real played scene,
in Windows, you sometimes see the real scene, when the fakes go out for lunch.