Subject: Re: 4000/400 once more
To: Chuck McManis <cmcmanis@mcmanis.com>
From: Brian Hechinger <wonko@entropy.tmok.com>
List: port-vax
Date: 01/24/2001 01:00:19
Chuck McManis drunkenly mumbled...
> No, Erno is right. You WANT 2/2 to try to install VMS. (Its weird, I know
> but true!) Boot tape 2/2 and it will bring up standalone backup, then use
> the BACKUP command to restore VMS055.B to the disk of your choice.

booting now!!

Device? [EZA0]: mua0

(BOOT/R5:0 MUA0)

  2..
-MUA0
  1..0..

   VAX/VMS Version X52I-M3C Major version id = 1 Minor version id = 0

i fear i will fall asleep before it is finished loading the kernel!!

that's ok, wake up tomorrow, switch tapes, go to work, stop back at lunch for
whatever tape maint. is needed, come home from work and finish it up.  gives
it time to get it's thing done without me being an impatient butthole. :)

cheers,

-brian